PARS | Public Agency Retirement Services, Newport Beach, CA
Consulting firm specializing in retirement products, manages the largest private retirement system in CA
Senior (Product) Analyst, Consulting 2016 - 2020
- • Developed and managed product strategy and roadmap for an industry-first pension investment tool; collaborated with cross-functional teams and launched fastest growing product in company history — over 25% of all business in 4 years.
- • Innovated online enrollment portal for over 1M customers annually; managed development with engineering teams and emphasized defining and eliminating friction, resulting in 80% faster user flow and an improved customer experience.
- • Created an internal transaction analysis product with an agile development model used by all departments, replacing 22 separate analysis tools; resulting in over 10,000 program iterations run annually, with <1% error rate.
- • Conceived internal SQL tools accessed via web and led development/inclusion across workflows in all company departments; completed 2M+ data pulls with 100% accuracy and internal surveys indicate 98% satisfaction.
- • Introduced dollar-weighted rate-of-return KPI based on regression model from 25 years of internal data and achieved over 97% statistical significance; interfaced with leadership and coworkers across departments to integrate into processes.
- • Re-engineered analysis model of primary product to enable instant calculation results while accounting for over 1,000 independent variables; utilized in over 2,000 analyses and tracks over $100M in annual revenue.
- • Launched a complete brand refresh, including all consumer-facing publications and marketing efforts, across all company products; client surveys indicate 90% approval, citing a superior customer experience
Global Connect & UCI, Irvine, CA
An educational initiative to further the understanding of globalization and international studies in schools
Editor-at-Large & Undergraduate Lead 2013 - 2015
- • Headed product development for a series of 15 textbooks and 100+ lesson plans, expanding globalization and international studies in secondary schools; presented to 10,000+ students and implemented curriculum at 100+ school districts nationwide.
- • Directed research and design teams of 200+ interns and supervisors annually, including training on presentation skills and slide deck development.
Chancellor’s Economist, Department of Economics • UC Irvine, Irvine, CA
Lead Research Assistant 2014 - 2015
- • Designed preliminary regression models with over 1M data points for a national study on age discrimination.
- • Published in 100+ academic journals including Harvard Business Review and The National Bureau of Economic Research.
© Benson Lao All Rights Reserved